1 Runrig kooperieren mit Softdrink Hersteller Irn Bru ;-)

Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 7 Jahre 3 Wochen her #159403 von scoteire
Hier die Meldung von der Runrig facebook-Seite:

Runrig are delighted to announce their new partnership with Scottish soft drink giants Irn Bru.

Speaking ahead of the announcement made at Edinburgh Castle, drummer Iain Bayne said that it was a "dream come true".

"This is something I've dreamed of since I was a wee boy. Getting to stand here, in the heart of our nation's capital holding up a bottle of the orange stuff really makes you feel proud to be Scottish. When people think of Scotland, they think of two things - Irn Bru and Runrig, so it only seemed fitting to bring the two together in what has turned out to be a deal far more lucrative than any music we've produced. It's money for old rope really."

Band member Brian Hurren added "Aye, it's braw. I've needed a new kitchen for a while now so this will certainly go a long way to help with that." When asked how often he enjoys a cold glass of Scotland's other national drink, he replied "I've never had it. It's orange, are you mental?"

Not all the band members were familiar with the drink, however. Canadian singer Bruce Guthro joined the Scottish rockers nearly 20 years ago. He was heard saying "And you people drink this stuff? It's not even alcoholic! The bottles are pretty cool though, I'll give you that. I mean the design and craftsmanship in this bottle really is something else. It gets the thumbs up from me!"

A spokesman for Barr, the drinks company who make Irn Bru, gave us the following statement:

"Runrig are obviously the greatest thing to come out of Scotland since John Logie Baird invented the television, so even just meeting these guys is fulfilling a lifetime ambition of mine. As for the partnership, we have lots planned. You'll see the Runrig boys' faces appearing on cans and bottles across the country over the next few weeks. They've signed a new album deal with our record label that we specifically set up for them "Teuchter Sounds Inc." which will ensure that they'll be releasing new music for the next 20 years. Of course, they're contractually obliged to mention Irn Bru in every new song but we don't think that should stifle the creative process too much."

ok was für ein Datum war heute nochmal?

:) :) :) ;-)
Letzte Änderung: 7 Jahre 3 Wochen her von scoteire.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: uwe033360, elise, Lady of Lochaber

Bitte Anmelden oder Kostenlos registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• corsa772
  • Càrn Eige (1183 m SCO)
  • Càrn Eige (1183 m SCO)
Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Wochen her #159404 von corsa772

"dream come true".

Schon hier bin ich vom Stuhl gefallen.

There must be a place
Under the sun
Where hearts of olden glory
Grow young

• shortbread
  • Beinn Bhrotain (1157 m SCO)
  • Beinn Bhrotain (1157 m SCO)
Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Wochen her #159408 von shortbread
:lol: :lol: :lol:

... as I walk along these shores I am the history within ... (Runrig.Proterra)

• Bine SG
  • Nephin Beg (627 m IRL)
  • Nephin Beg (627 m IRL)
Mehr
7 Jahre 3 Wochen her #159409 von Bine SG
Och mei: Es gäbe Schlimmeres als nen Song, der Irn Bru feiert. Mein Sohn würde es lieben. :lol:
Warm schmeckt die Plörre zwar grauenhaft :roll: aber eisgekühlt trinke ich das Zeug auch selbst manchmal. Unwesentlich schlimmer als Coke. :mrgreen:
:lol:

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.173 Sekunden