1 Ronnie Drew ist tot !!

Mehr
15 Jahre 8 Monate her #99817 von Honey
Honey antwortete auf Re: Ronnie Drew ist tot !!
Ich habe die Nachricht von Ronnies Tod gerade über den Eleanor Shanley Newsletter erfahren. Eleanor und Ronnie waren ja zusammen auf Tournee und das Konzert in Hamburg war einfach klasse!
Hier das, was im Newsletter stand:

[i:2ypnom51]Legendary Irish folk musician Ronnie Drew, a founder member of The Dubliners, died Saturday, August 16 2008 at St Vincent's Private Hospital in Dublin at 2pm, his family said. He was 73 and had been suffering from throat cancer.

Drew's family said in a statement that he passed away peacefully while they were at his bedside and they were "very grateful for all the letters of support and wishes during the term of Ronnie's illness."

With his health failing, Irish music stars released a tribute song in February this year entitled "The Ballad of Ronnie Drew". Proceeds went to the Irish Cancer Society.

He bore his illness with bravery and will be sadly missed.[/i:2ypnom51]

Liebe Grüße
Honey

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Bitte Anmelden oder Kostenlos registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• shortbread
  • Beinn Bhrotain (1157 m SCO)
  • Beinn Bhrotain (1157 m SCO)
Mehr
15 Jahre 8 Monate her #99831 von shortbread
shortbread antwortete auf Re: Ronnie Drew ist tot !!

"Honey":yopzoskr schrieb: [i:yopzoskr]With his health failing, Irish music stars released a tribute song in February this year entitled "The Ballad of Ronnie Drew". Proceeds went to the Irish Cancer Society[/i:yopzoskr].[/quote:yopzoskr]

Sehr traurig. Gestern stand ein kurzer Bericht zu Ronnie's Tod in unserer lokalen Zeitung, dort wurde dieser Tribute-Song auch erwähnt.

... as I walk along these shores I am the history within ... (Runrig.Proterra)

Bitte Anmelden oder Kostenlos registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.149 Sekunden