1 Charity Aktion: Malcom Last Dance Strings ersteigern

Mehr
4 Jahre 4 Monate her #167861 von scoteire
Ich kopiere aus der Facebook Seite:

MALCOLM'S "LAST DANCE" STRINGS FOR CHARITY AUCTION

A statement from Malcolm Jones (Bidding instructions under the statement):

"Some of you may know I support a charity called Lucky2BHere set up by a Portree High School friend – Ross Cowie – who has done an amazing job to make the charity a huge ongoing success.
The aim is simple – to provide life-saving portable defibrillators, easily operable by the public as well as trained professionals, placed in remote and rural areas throughout the Highlands and beyond, places which otherwise would not have ready access to this equipment. In addition, a programme of training has been introduced into communities and schools, with the ultimate objective to introduce ELS (Emergency Life Saving) training into every Scottish school curriculum.

To date, hundreds of defibrillators have been placed throughout the Highlands, members of the public trained in their usage and lives saved as a result.

The charity continues to be run by volunteers and funded by donations.

This year, Lucky2BHere celebrates 10 years of success.
To help mark this milestone, I had the idea to offer up for auction, the actual guitar strings from my favourite main White Fender Stratocaster, used on the final two concerts at Stirling, 17th and 18th August 2018.
In the days after these historic final concerts, I removed the strings for safekeeping, sensing that they represented something personal and unique from this unrepeatable period in the band’s long history.

So now I have come to the conclusion that if the strings can give pleasure to someone and raise some money for a good cause, all good and well.

The winning bid will receive the six strings, along with a signed photo by Andrew King of me playing the guitar on the final night, plus a personalised, hand-written note of authentication from me.

Good luck and may the best bid win!

www.lucky2bhere.org/

Malcolm"

INSTRUCTIONS:

The bidding process will take place via private messages on the Official Runrig Facebook Page only.
All you have to do to bid is send us a private message containing the amount in GBP (£, Pounds Sterling).
The winner of the auction (with the highest bid) will be contacted with instructions on how to make to donation and have 24hrs to respond.
If no response is received, the person with the second largest bid will be contacted and so on.
In the event of a tie, the winner will be randomly drawn.
All bids must be submitted by 1800hrs GMT on 22nd Nov.

Bitte Anmelden oder Kostenlos registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• corsa772
  • Càrn Eige (1183 m SCO)
  • Càrn Eige (1183 m SCO)
Mehr
4 Jahre 4 Monate her #167866 von corsa772
Mein Gebot von 500 Pfund war zu niedrig, steht nun bei 1000.

There must be a place
Under the sun
Where hearts of olden glory
Grow young

Mehr
4 Jahre 4 Monate her #167878 von SMart
1000 Pfund dürfte ja noch in der Nähe des Anschaffungspreises für die Fender liegen...

Zum "Glück" darf ich ja bei den Teilnahmebedingungen nicht teilnehmen. :-Y
Aber ich glaube schon, dass bis zum 22.11. noch höhere Gebote eingehen werden.

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Glasgow - Barrowland Ballroom - 12/2005 & 12/2010 & 1/2012

Mehr
4 Jahre 4 Monate her #167892 von Dùn Èideann

SMart schrieb: 1000 Pfund dürfte ja noch in der Nähe des Anschaffungspreises für die Fender liegen...

Wird doch nicht die Gitarre sondern "nur" die 6 Saiten versteigert ...

Mehr
4 Jahre 4 Monate her #167893 von SMart

Dùn Èideann schrieb: Wird doch nicht die Gitarre sondern "nur" die 6 Saiten versteigert ...

:-))
Danke für den Hinweis!
1000 Pfund für 6 dünne Stahldrähte sind dann ja schonmal gar nicht so schlecht. ;-)
Aber es ist ja für einen guten Zweck. :scotland

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Glasgow - Barrowland Ballroom - 12/2005 & 12/2010 & 1/2012

• corsa772
  • Càrn Eige (1183 m SCO)
  • Càrn Eige (1183 m SCO)
Mehr
4 Jahre 4 Monate her #167896 von corsa772
Überall der Gute Zweck.
Dazu den Bär von Andrea Lichtenberg der am 24.11. in Frankfurt für Glasgow The Caring City verlost wird.
crumblebears.com/runrigger-big-sky-of-harris-2019-2/
Und für den John Turner Appeal wird gerade ein Runrig Holzbrett verlost, eine Runrig Teamjacke folgt noch.

There must be a place
Under the sun
Where hearts of olden glory
Grow young

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.146 Sekunden